- Web MD - Medical and health information for the consumer, physician, nurse and health teacher.
- MedLine Plus Click on Health Topics (on the left) for information on over 650 conditions.
- American Medical Association Home Page - Look for information about diseases and check the online Doctor Finder.
- Health Central - Articles include news stories, traditional and alternative medicine, fitness and herbs.
- Health finder - A huge site with over 800 links. Browse by disease.
- Mayo Health Clinic - Check out the latest consumer health info from Mayo's.
- Med Help International - The largest online consumer health information resource.
- Medicine Net - A really nice medical site with sections on Diseases & Treatments, Drugs and News.
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy - World's most widely used medical text is available free of charge on the net.
- Quack watch - Your guide to quackery, health fraud and bad medical information. Check the list of questionable products and services halfway down the page.
Virtual Medical Pamphlets
- Nutrition Fact Sheets - Informative, easy-to-read fact sheets from the American Dietetic Association.
- CDC Travel Information - Health information for international travel: vaccination requirements, disease outbreaks, and geographic health recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Med Help International - Use the Med Help Search Engine for consumer health information.
- NIH Consumer Health Information - A collection of the most requested publications from the National Institute of Health.
- American Heart Association Home Page - Provides information about heart disease and stroke
- National Institute on Aging - Online publications on topics related to health and aging.
- Learn CPR - A basic guide to cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- American Psychological Association Help Center - Provides sections devoted to psychology in the workplace, the mind/body connection, family and personal relationships.
- The Body - One of the best AIDS resources on the Net.
- Blindness Resource - Center Information in fourteen areas from universal access to low vision resources to research and university disability programs.
- Cancer Net:Patients and the Public - The National Cancer Institute provides information for patients on treatment, screening prevention, genetics.
- Cancer News on the Net - An online journal dedicated to bringing patients and their families the latest information on cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Headache Topics - Topic sheets compiled by headache experts . Search by headache type or by medication.
- Mental Health Net - Guide to over 9,000 mental health, psychology and psychiatry resources online.
- OncoLink - This site is at the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center. Has links to other award winners, current information, coverage of the American Society of Chemical Oncology meetings and a keyword search of cancer information.
- PsycPORT - Features breaking psychology news stories; information on forthcoming and current books and some full-text articles.
- Mesothelioma - Public information on asbestos exposure and mesothelioma treatment options.
- Clinical Trials - Information on over 4,000 federal and private medical studies.
- Food and Drug Administration's Bulletin Board - Contains the "Newly Approved Drugs" list, news releases, current information on AIDS, the text of the Drug Bulletin and Veterinary medicine.
- RxList - An online Physician's Desk Reference. Type in the drug and get a complete summary.
- American Dietetic Association - A wealth of information on good nutrition.
- American Cancer Society - Describes all types of cancers, giving risk factors, symptoms, treatment and survivorship for each.
- Centers For Disease Control - Provides fact sheets, statistics, info on diseases and hot topics (like anthrax).
- Human Anatomy Online - Interactive, educational view of the human body.
- Online Medical Dictionary - Over 46,000 brief definitions of terms related to biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, medicine, plants, and radiobiology.
- Visible Human Project Images and animations of cross-sections of the human body from the National Library of Medicine project.
- Worldwide Nurse - Especially useful to healthcare professionals. Includes over 30 medical search tools, directories of nursing schools, boards and jobs.