1. How do I download an e-book? The answer to this question depends on which type of device you have. There is an excellent step by step by guide for each type of e-reader on the Overdrive Website that looks like this . Try it and if you still have questions, contact the library.
2. What is the difference between the types of ebook? The e-books and audiobooks that are available to WCPL patrons through overdrive come in different file formats. Each file is intended for certain devices. For a good description of which e-books and audiobooks will work on your device, visit the Device Resource Center provided by Overdrive. Please, ask at the library for more information.
3. What is my pin #? While checking out e-books on Overdrive, you will be prompted to enter a login and pin #. Your login number is the barcode number on the back of your library card. Your pin # is the last four digits of that number. If you have any trouble logging in, contact the library.
4. For how long can I check out an e-book? 7 or 14 days. If you would like to set a default lending period go to "My Account" and then "Lending Periods."
5. Can I renew an e-book online? No, e-books cannot be renewed.
6. Will I be charged fines? No, the e-books are automatically returned when they are due so you will never be charged any overdue fines.
7. Why is the e-book I just downloaded not on my e-reader like it is supposed to be? Check which file type you have downloaded. If you choose an incompatible file, your device will be unable to open it. For a good description of which e-books and audiobooks will work on your device, visit the Device Resource Center provided by Overdrive. If you have downloaded the correct file type, in most cases restarting or syncing your device will solve the problem. If you are still unable to view your e-book, stop by the library for help!
If your questions are not answered here, contact the library and someone will be happy to help you!